Your plant’s automation needs likely require a custom approach and solution. TEC Systems Group is up to the challenge.
Upfront Planning & Coordination
Finished Early & Under Budget
Implemented Various MES Cases
Case Study Details:
Based on TEC’s successful completion of a “MES Ready” retrofit at another facility, a major food client selected TEC to coordinate design and documentation of OEM equipment and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) interfaces to implement various MES use cases in a “Greenfield” facility.
From the outset of the project, the client wanted to implement MES using a structured approach to avoid equipment integration issues later in the project. The challenge was to ensure that the numerous OEMs that were providing equipment for the new facility would develop the customized control software for that equipment to support the MES use cases.
TEC was selected to provide the plant software interface specifications and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) documents for each OEM.
To do this, TEC:
- Divided the plant into process areas based upon the MES use cases.
- Created a MES to data concentrator interface document for each process area.
- Created an OEM to data concentrator interface document for each process area.
- Wrote the data concentrator program and FAT documents for OEM testing early in project.
- Implemented the data concentrator to MES interface using the MSSQL /PLC appliance.
As a result of this up-front planning and coordination, the startup of the overall plant was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
Our Customization Sets Us Apart
We understand that no two plants are the same, which means your automation needs will likely require a custom approach and solution. With more than 30 years of experience keeping plants running optimally, TEC Systems Group is up to the challenge. We invite you to contact us for a consultation.Request a Consultation