Job Description and Application
Role and Responsibilities:
The Engineering Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that a project is performed in a manner that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations. The Engineering Project Coordinator is responsible for resources, timeline, budget, and documentation through the duration of a project. It is the project manager’s responsibility to be a liaison for communication about the project between the client, team members and management.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead weekly project meetings, document discussion and keep management updated as to statuses of projects
- Develop and deliver weekly project status reports to the customer.
- Update and maintain project schedules using MS Project; assist in determining resource allocation and delegation of workload; responsible for keeping the team on schedule and meeting deadlines for deliverables
- Interface with customers through regular face to face meetings, conference calls and email updates through duration of projects
- Facilitate and assist in preparing responses for proposals and quotes to fulfill scopes of work; may need to assist customers in developing scopes of work to be performed in order to prepare labor and cost estimates (may require travel to customer facilities to gather information)
- Manage contract execution and ensure customer expectations are in line with the project contract. Where customer expectations exceed the project contract the project manager will enforce TEC’s change order requests.
- Ensure project execution remains within proposal and contract budget, and all deliverable dates are met.
- Facilitate responses by the customer to the customer project satisfaction survey; apply feedback from the customer as needed using change management techniques.
- Lead project closeout meetings and ensure lessons learned from the project are documented and shared across all teams
- Understands common industrial network and controls terminology
- Can operate in a computer-assisted design/drafting program software environment.
- Proficient computer experience using standard office programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Helpful, serving, courteous attitude and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management or related field
- Knowledge of continuous/semi-continuous process control and material handling
- Experience reading and understanding drawings and blueprints
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to continuously sit
- Must be able to walk to accomplish tasks, for long distances at times when visiting work sites
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, bend, squat, crawl, kneel and climb occasionally
- Subject to environmental conditions inside and out such as: extreme heat, extreme cold, wind and humidity; Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions not included above
- Subject to noise levels above OSHA thresholds which will require PPE
- Is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.