Job Description and Application
Overview of TEC Internship Program:
TEC Systems Group, Inc.’s Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the internship, you will apply academic learning to real-world situation. This internship could potentially turn into a full time salary position for the right person.
As a Controls Engineering Intern you will have the opportunity to visit a variety of customer sites and see various processes. You will work with the electrical hardware, software, process control, and automated manufacturing equipment that make the final product.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety standards
- Develop software for programmable logic controllers
- Gain practical experiences in your field beyond what is offered in the classroom
- Participate in cross-functional teamwork to complete an Intern Project
- Attain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives
- Experienced in coding with VBA, C++, Raspberry Pi, or Arduino for microcontrollers
- Familiar with CAD software and electrical schematics
- Someone who enjoys working with computers and has a drive to learn new things
- A problem-solver that can creatively apply new technologies
- Enrolled and pursuing a 4-year Bachelor’s degree related to Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request
- Able to communicate effectively with people at various levels including production, engineering, and management, and are able to work well and develop a partnering relationship with other team members
- Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program
- In favorable academic standing within your current academic program
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to continuously sit
- Must be able to walk on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, bend, squat, crawl, kneel and climb occasionally
- Subject to environmental conditions inside and out such as: extreme heat, extreme cold, wind and humidity. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions not included above.
- Subject to noise levels above OSHA thresholds which will require PPE
- Is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.