Job Description and Application
TEC Systems Group, Inc. currently has an opening for a Senior Electrical / Control Systems Engineer. The senior electrical / control systems engineer provides specific value in developing and integrating electrical and automation applications for industrial plant environments. Delivers support to project management throughout the life of the project from project conception through preliminary design, final design, installation, check-out, start-up and on-going support phases. Utilizes PLC and HMI programming tools and techniques, implements applications, supports the resolution of problems and develops documentation of the resolution. The senior electrical / control systems engineer must have a keen desire to go beyond the minimum expectation to guarantee excellent customer service delivery.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develops electrical designs for Motor Control Centers (MCC), electrical panels and control systems
- Supports plant electrical personnel by understanding, designing, and troubleshooting electrical control circuits
- Assists in the design of electrical circuits for instrumentation, motor control, and other electrical controls
- Provides technical support and analysis for installed control systems
- Develops PLC programs along with HMI graphics for specific projects
- Performs calculations following standard methods and principles and applies judgment where experience dictates
- Assists in the development of project specifications, estimates, change orders and schedules
- Manages assigned portions of project and is proactive in problem identification and resolution
- Gathers information that is relevant to a problem and brings information to the team for discussion; develops alternatives, and receives assistance in identifying alternatives
- Assists others and project managers in performing aspects of projects, both in the office and at the customer’s site
- Works with vendors to procure equipment and materials
- Mentors junior team members
- Must have technical skills in areas of electrical, instrumentation, controls, networking, and maintenance
- Understands PLC system architecture layouts and control equipment usage
- Able to specify PLC I/O addressing and assignments
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix PLC Programming
- Proficient with tuning PID loops
- HMI graphics design –experience with GE iFix, WonderWare, or FactoryTalk View ME & SE
- Understands common industrial network topology and functionality including network switches, wireless access points, testing / troubleshooting and support.
- Familiar with cabling installation, termination, testing and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of continuous/semi-continuous process control and material handling
- Proficient in trouble shooting automated systems, reading / designing electrical schematics & wiring diagrams
- Proficient electrical design knowledge/selection of control systems, electric motor and MCC’s, VFD’s, 24VDC and 120V–480VAC three-phase electrical power systems, conductor, over current protection, overload devices
- Proficient in safety monitoring relays, PLCs, and Category 3 Safety Systems.
- Proficient in grounding, bonding and sizing of grounding conductors.
- Design and implement system level electrical packages according to design specifications and National Codes and Standards, such as: UL508A, NEC, NFPA 79, NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, IEC.
- Can operate in a computer-assisted design/drafting program software environment using AutoCAD
- Proficient computer experience using standard office programs like Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Helpful, serving, courteous attitude, and demeanor
- Provides technical guidance and mentors personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Ten plus years of electrical / controls experience
- Extensive experience with the selection and sizing of electrical controls, MCC design, transformer sizing, VFD, Soft start sizing, drives, motors, switches, etc.
- Experience designing control network infrastructures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to continuously sit
- Must be able to walk to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, bend, squat, crawl, kneel and climb occasionally
- Subject to environmental conditions inside and out such as: extreme heat, extreme cold, wind and humidity; Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions not included above
- Subject to noise levels above OSHA thresholds which will require PPE
- Is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.