Job Description and Application
TEC Systems Group, Inc. is a rapidly growing national provider of industrial automation and support services. TEC has more than 35 years of experience in providing automation engineering and enterprise integration/operational intelligence solutions to small, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies in the industrial industry. At TEC Systems Group, our most valued asset is our people. It is our team’s technical and process knowledge as well as core commitment to our clients that define our company and propel our success. We strive to attract and retain talented professionals by offering sophisticated HR business processes that promote employee growth and development. Every day we focus on fostering teamwork, employee engagement, collaboration and commitment while serving our clients.
We are proud to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package that is on par with the largest corporations. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is growing and thriving amid the pandemic. The future is bright at TEC!
TEC Systems Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Specialist to strategically design and implement BI solutions. The ideal candidate is proficient in Time Series Data Historian, Visualization Technologies, Relational Databases, Business Intel Tools, and rolling out BI solutions to end-users. This role requires managing workload with minimal oversight and the ability to create roadmaps for clients and successfully execute the roadmap.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Designs and manages a range of applications, services, networks, and solutions that support TEC customers, partners, vendors, and employees
- Assists with general IT issues when required
- Manages complex projects and work of varying scope/impact, takes ownership of diagnosing and resolving complex user issues, follows up on and continuously communicates status updates for users while protecting client data
- Provides technical expertise to end-users regarding optimal set-up of software, hardware and network use
- Develops policies and procedures governing how to troubleshoot Business Intel issues, including identification, documentation, distribution, and resolution
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to facilitate a timely resolution and performs follow up with users to ensure the issue has been resolved
- Trains users in various software applications and complex network-related procedures
- Enforces and monitors the company’s network security and ensures availability to specific users
- Trains and supports new and existing TEC employees as necessary
Proficiency in the Following is Required
- Time Series Data Historian (OSIsoft PI, FactoryTalk Historian, Wonderware Historian)
- Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Relational Databases (Oracle, MS SQL)
- Excel Power User (Macro writing, pivot tables, formulas)
- C#, VB, or Python Programming Experience
- Business Intel Tools Experience (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire)
Experience in the Following is Preferred
- Network design and management
- Protocol translation
- HMI Software Installs, Configuration, Documentation (IP’s, SCADA/Client, Connectivity, Logins) and Support
- Cloud Technologies
- PLC Programming
- High moral-based work ethic and trustworthy
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Resourceful and can find answers to tough questions through research and determination
- Positive and clear communication skills
- High-level attention to detail, administrative skills, problem-solving skills and highly organized
- Self-directed and can work independently, with little or no guidance and direct supervision
Education / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience
- Knowledgeable concerning network infrastructure, Budgeting & Planning, Solution Architecting, Documentation, Software licensing, Cloud Systems
- Problem Solving: Anticipates problems, recognizes and evaluates signs of problems, and analyzes current procedures for possible improvements.
- Customer Service: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction. Respects all internal and external customers and uses a team approach when dealing with customers to exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to Multitask: Proven ability to manage multiple issues and/or projects successfully bringing them all to resolution in a timely manner.
- Detail Oriented: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work and/or information while also planning and organizing time and resources efficiently.
- Automation / Tools: Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Willingness and ability to learn and implement new software applications and technologies.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment drug test and background screen
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and walk long distances to accomplish tasks
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, bend, squat, crawl, kneel, and climb occasionally
- Subjected to environmental conditions inside and out such as: extreme heat and cold, wind and humidity; Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions not included above
- Subject to noise levels above OSHA thresholds which will require PPE
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned