Your plant’s automation needs likely require a custom approach and solution. TEC Systems Group is up to the challenge.
Facility Annual Savings
Standardization and Modernization
One-Time Labor Savings
Case Study Details:
Encouraged by a progressive plant management team, the client’s team was working on a standardization and modernization initiative. The initiative was focused on the reliability and safety of the electrical and controls systems. However, they could not truly get started without first assuring they had reliable documentation of their systems. Some of the client’s key questions were:
- Do we have contingency plans for a power fault?
- If we have a power fault, what is the repair time?
- How much production will we lose during the outage?
- Can we reduce control system repair time?
- Can we reduce planning time for new equipment and expansion projects?
- What risks exist in our controls and electrical systems?
- Do we know all of our safety risks?
- Are all of our safety risks labeled and documented?
TEC Systems Group was selected by the client to perform a Facility Assessment.
The result was a complete health analysis of the network, controls and electrical systems and a safety risk assessment. Included was accurate accounting and documentation for all programmable logic controllers, human-machine interfaces, motor control centers, motors, panels, breakers, feeders, transformers and network infrastructure.
The Facility Assessment uncovered several risks that could cause extended planning time for facility changes and longer repair time for failures, including:
- No up-to-date documentation on the electrical or control systems. This lack of documentation increases repair times, project planning and maintenance labor.
- No reports on system status. The plant could not use their control system efficiently due to lack of knowledge of its current status, available expansion capacity, software version, or overall health.
The Facility Assessment service produced an estimated one-time labor savings of $350,000 and annual savings of $100,000. For the client, this project provided a payback period of three months and enabled their standardization and modernization efforts to move forward.
Our Customization Sets Us Apart
We understand that no two plants are the same, which means your automation needs will likely require a custom approach and solution. With more than 30 years of experience keeping plants running optimally, TEC Systems Group is up to the challenge. We invite you to contact us for a consultation.Request a Consultation