Case Study Details:
One of the nation’s largest closed-loop industrial wastewater treatment plants contracted TEC to migrate and update their outdated wastewater control system. Their system contained obsolete hardware, unreliable alarming, and did not leverage programming standards.
- Little to no accessibility of the status and automated control of dozens of motors, tanks, and valves.
- Unreliable plant hardware, thus making the plant run inefficiently & manually.
- Only a handful of alarms were visible from one area, causing slow response time to an emergency.
- Designed an ideal control system that would provide essential alarms and communication between operators throughout the facility.
- Updated the control system which allowed control and monitoring of this system accessible from multiple locations.
- Upgraded programming to allow for optimization and improved preventative maintenance as well as system fault tolerance.
- Customer is notified of faults within the plant and given concise descriptions of faults for better optimization.
- Customer can trust that their updated control system will be able to monitor the status of tanks, motors, and valves.
- Operators are now informed of plant status and can be alerted throughout the facility from several operator workstations.